Welcome to the world of Phalovich.
“Phalovich” is a one-member Portuguese project (Nuno Cardoso – programming, sampling, synthesizer/vocoder, sequencer and vocals).
Phalvich sound is an ever-changing eclectic experience. It that can be labeled as “Squizo-Pop, New Squizo Age”. Electronics are only the tools to make Phalovich music. The wide spectrum of influences goes from The Smiths to Robert Schumann, from Can to John Cage, from Add N to (X) to Béla Bartok and so on…~
Some songs have words on them. Lyrics can be loudly thoughts or emotions, free association of ideas or the result of creative experiences. Both romanticism and surrealism are key influences.
Nuno Cardoso artistic biography:
1. Piano lessons with Mariana Pimenta (former Teatro Nacional de S. Carlos pianist);
2. Theatre initiation course in Teatro da Universidade Técnica, under the direction of Georges Listopad;
3. Ridlle (Pop/Rock) keyboard player;
4. O Professor e o Phalósofo (electro, pop and experimental project) membership, with André Faustino;
5. Contributions to Noites CDR (by Manuel Calapez);
6. Phalovich gigs in Torres Vedras, Lisbon, Oporto, Beja, Sintra; Póvoa de Lanhoso (Braga), Valado-dos-Frades (Nazaré) e Angra do Heroísmo,
7. Miguel Corvo (Pop) keyboard player.
Thank you for your attention and support. Keep in touch.