About One False Move (OFM)
Rock Music is Dead—Long Live Rock!
Disillusioned with the current state of corporate, prefabricated, cookie-cutter rock music, One False Move (OFM) chose the path less taken. Formed with an eclectic mix of musicians from various generations and styles, the resulting sparks ignited a fire of creation rather than duplication. And that is exactly what the doctor ordered.
The band formed in 2014 fro ... read more
One False Move (OFM)
4 years ago
I thought I would check in quickly to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year!
A few notes as we head into the new year:
1) A few of our songs have been getting some radio play on a local FM station...FINALLY! (I honestly believe N1M has created a little buzz for our song Out Of Nowhere as it has been getting some requests on KZSN 100.3 FM!
2) An engineer/producer has expressed an interest in working with us on a few songs. He has a few ideas for a couple of songs off of our debut album, but has also asked us to put together a couple of new ones...just to see how that goes. So, I am in the writing made again. (Any good lyrical ideas...or does anyone want to do some collaborating?) =]
3) We have our stuff sent in to a couple of outdoor festivals for this coming spring/summer. So, with any luck maybe we will be in a venue near you!
That is all for now. Thanks for following us and stay tuned!
One False Move
So November is Curtis' Birthday Month. So to celebrate, we are offering a digital download of the One False Move Album for $5 from our partners at CD Baby. Consider it a Black Friday Special...if that makes you feel better! =]
Click the link and download it today!
Also, go to our facebook page and give us a like: (expired link)
Well, since my last letter, much has changed! We chose to part ways with the new singer Chad. Good guy, it just wasn't working out. Then, Damian decided to step down due to his hectic work schedule and the effect both work and the band was having on his family life.
Luckily, Drummer Ryan Seevers who had originally left the band for similar reasons suddenly changed jobs. He reached out and the timing was perfect. He stepped in and there was little-to-no interruption in what we have been doing. We have one more rehearsal to go and we are ready to get to it...and in good time. We have a club date in November in Wichita. This is a huge gig and there will be plenty on the line that night. (potential opening spots, etc.)
We got rave reviews from our State Fair show. I have started tinkering with some new material, but nothing heavy at this point. Which brings me to a question: Based on the tracks from our first album, which songs were your favorites? As I tailor my writing, was there a style on there that jumped out at you?? Shoot me a line and let me know!! (onefalsemove@(expired link))
Until next time,
Since my last shout out, a few new things:
1) New singer, Chad, is working hard gearing up for a series of shows;
2) A Radio Station out of Tampa did a spotlight on us and played our entire album, complete with individual song intros done by me. (pretty cool) If you have some time, check it out: (expired link)
3) We were asked to develop a video for our song Trial By Fire for an online Battle of the Bands. I'm pretty sure I will not be winning a VMA any time soon, but here is the video if you'd like to check it out below;
4) Which brings me to the title of my newsletter. WARNING - RANT COMING!!!!! I recently received a listing of all of the "sales" of our CD on the various outlets. COME ON PEOPLE!! (not meaning you, but to all of those who have sent me glowing accolades about our music) Really? $.99 is too much to ask you to spend to support something you actually took the time to endorse, etc? I know whenever I hear a band do something I find interesting I try to buy something from them. We, as fellow musicians, have got to start supporting each other. For those of you who do what I do (write, arrange, practice, record, design, distribute) you know how thankless it can be, not to mention expensive. <sigh> RANT OVER (sorry)
That is all I have to report right now. Have a great day!!!
N1M © 2003—2020
One False Move (OFM)